Aims and Objectives
- Steps to bring revision in current MD Pharmacology Curriculum and removing old methods in pharmacology research as well as teaching.
- Establishing the clinical Importance of Pharmacology and imparting therapeutics in pharmacology teaching.
- Modifying Pharmacology into a bridge between academics and the industry in the conduct of clinical trials and research. In this way research can be done in a cost effective way and students pursuing MD pharmacology can have a firsthand exposure to industrial research. This will expose the MD post graduates to both Industry and academics: This exposure will help in decision making and will prevent hasty irrational decisions of the individual to change from Industry to academics and vice versa for job. This will also help to ease the feasibility of translational research.
- Creating opportunities like short term Internship in MNC / CRO: Selection of the students eligible for this internship will be done by industrial experts weighing the applicant’s goal and vision for the need of internship.
- Sensitize the need for Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) centers and pharmacogenomics testing laboratory all over India.
- Promoting ethical pharmaceutical marketing practices, by conducting training of prescribing physicians on topics such as clinical trial methodologies, critical evaluation of literature, concepts of patents & generics and pharmacovigilance.
- Getting IMPA recognized by IUPHAR and to select and nominate an outstanding candidate in post-graduation period, Assistant professor Period, Associate Professor and Professor Period to attend international Conferences/workshops every year. This is mainly done to create interest in the young minds of budding researchers and also to recognize the work of the senior faculties, both in academics and industry.